Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Now on Instagram!

Instagram

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday #6

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine and is where we can talk about books we are looking forward to being released!

Here are my picks for this week:
 
Gilt 
Summary:
In the Tudor age, ambition, power and charismatic allure are essential and Catherine Howard has plenty of all three. Not to mention her loyal best friend, Kitty Tylney, to help cover her tracks. Kitty, the abandoned youngest daughter of minor aristocracy, owes everything to Cat – where she is, what she is, even who she is. Friend, flirt, and self-proclaimed Queen of Misrule, Cat reigns supreme in a loyal court of girls under the none-too-watchful eye of the Dowager Duchess of Norfolk.

When Cat worms her way into the heart of Henry VIII and becomes Queen of England, Kitty is thrown into the intoxicating Tudor Court. It’s a world of glittering jewels and elegant costumes, of gossip and deception. As the Queen’s right-hand-woman, Kitty goes from the girl nobody noticed to being caught between two men – the object of her affection and the object of her desire.

But the atmosphere of the court turns from dazzling to deadly, and Kitty is forced to learn the difference between trust and loyalty, love and lust, secrets and treason. And to accept the consequences when some lessons are learned too late.
Summary taken from Goodreads.com
Length: 398 pages
Publication Date: May 15th 2011
 
Origin 
Summary:
Pia has grown up in a secret laboratory hidden deep in the Amazon rain forest. She was raised by a team of scientists who have created her to be the start of a new immortal race. But on the night of her seventeenth birthday, Pia discovers a hole in the electric fence that surrounds her sterile home--and sneaks outside the compound for the first time in her life.

Free in the jungle, Pia meets Eio, a boy from a nearby village. Together, they embark on a race against time to discover the truth about Pia's origin--a truth with deadly consequences that will change their lives forever.
Summary taken from Goodreads.com
Length: N/A
Publication Date: September 2012
 
The Lost Girl 
Summary:
Eva’s life is not her own. She is a creation, an abomination—an echo. Made by the Weavers as a copy of someone else, she is expected to replace a girl named Amarra, her “other”, if she ever died. Eva studies what Amarra does, what she eats, what it’s like to kiss her boyfriend, Ray. So when Amarra is killed in a car crash, Eva should be ready.

But fifteen years of studying never prepared her for this.

Now she must abandon everything she’s ever known—the guardians who raised her, the boy she’s forbidden to love—to move to India and convince the world that Amarra is still alive.
Summary taken from Goodreads.com
Length: 400 pages
Publication Date: August 28th 2012
 
Why I'm Waiting:
 
These ones have been on my radar for a little while and I am getting VERY impatient waiting for them. I love all the covers for the books and I also wanted to have a bit of a diverse list. :)
 
Now, what are YOU waiting for this Wednesday?
 

11 comments:

  1. Ooh interesting picks. I especially love The Lost Girl. I'm definitely adding that one to my TBR pile. Thanks for sharing!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh! All of these sound really good. Thanks for sharing.

    My WWW/WoW post

    ~Danica Page
    Taking It One Page at a Time

    ReplyDelete
  3. All three of these sound awesome! I'm looking forward to Gilt in particular because I love historical novels. All these books sound great though :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hadn't heard of Origin, but the other two are definite "wants" for me too. I'm a total Tudor buff so I'm drooling for Gilt - hopefully I can resist picking the historical details apart. ;) Excellent picks, they all sound wonderful!

    My WoW this week

    ReplyDelete
  5. Second time I have seen The Lost Girl today and it looks so good! <3

    Patricia // My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to read ALL THE BOOKS! These al look fantastic- Lost Girl especially. I will be giving them all a try...if I can bear the guilt of neglecting all the books I already need to read!

    My WOW: http://pocketfulofbooksblogger.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/waiting-on-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. All three of your picks are ones I want to read. Good Choices!!

    My WoW@Blood,Sweatandbooks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm really excited to read the Lost Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These all sound great! I'm definitely excited for Origin, and The Lost Girl looks like it'll be great!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lost Girl and Origin both sound AMAZING. They're exactly the kind of books I love to read, so thank you for sharing and bringing them to my radar!

    Following you!

    My WoW @ YA Books

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have listed some great reads. I am happy to say that I finally bought Hunger Games and Divergent! I think I was the only person on the planet that had not read them.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! So feel free to comment away I'll try to answer every post so check back! . Also feel free to leave a link to your blog and I will absolutely follow you back :) Happy Reading!
*Note: This is an award free blog, thanks for thinking of me but I simply don't have the time to pass it along!