Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Now on Instagram!

Instagram

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Wildflower by Anne Schraff

Wildflower

Summary:
Chelsea Spain bridled under her father's harsh rules. But she was growing up too fast. Someone had rein her in until she had enough sense to handle herself better. Whenever there was the temptation to take a risk, she went for it. Egged on by her immature friends, was it too late to learn that some risks are just not worth taking?
Summary taken from Goodreads.com
Length: 183 pages (paperback)
Source: Toronto Public Library
Publication Date: 1st 2010 by Saddleback Educational Publishing, Inc.

I love my library, I really do and because I love my library I frequently check their featured books list. This one happened to be on one of those lists and because I was looking for a short easy read and wanted to give this one a shot.

Right off the bat though  I knew this book would not be for me and this was one of the few cases where the book had absolutely no redeemable qualities. In fact readng it gave me a migraine, I'm being truly honest here in saying that.

The book is supposed to be a work of "urban fiction" but in my honest opinion it wasn't even close. The language the author used was forced, you can tell she's unfamiliar with how teens talk now. A few times in the book she had the Chelsea's older brother talking like he as from the early 1900's because he was talking about boys courting her and other such things that didn't fit the time the book was set at all. I mean at my high school no teenage boys used words such as "courting" and I've only been out of highschool a few years. Heck my friends who are loyale followers of the blog can atest to the lack of intelligence portrayed by the guys we went to school with.

Another thng that bothered me a lot about the book that instead of being a book about Chelsea it was a book about her brother and his inner thoughts and told from his point of view the majority of the time. The book was terribly written and I wish I had not spent the time reading this book while I could have been reading a book I enjoyed. This book was so disjointed I wish that it had never been published.

I would never in a million years recommend this book to anyone at all especially not to my readers. I wouldn't wish this book on anyone it was just that bad. However, if you do read it come back and tell me your thoughts on it.


4 comments:

  1. wow tell us how you really feel ! LMFAO jus jking dont ever change i love ur honestly and i can tell you i left highschool maybe 5 years ago and none and i mean none of the guys would say courting not even my older brother who went to highschool in the 90's would say that. Seems like the author forced herself to write this book instead of something that came naturally oh well you live and learn right? best part is ... it was on the featured shelf lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. this book was so ridiculous that I just ignored the book for so long. the only reason I read this book was because I had to for school. all of her books are like this though.... the books are AWKWARD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there, I do believe your website may be having browser compatibility issues.
    Whenever I look at your website in Safari, it looks fine however,
    if opening in I.E., it's got some overlapping issues.
    I just wanted to provide you with a quick heads up! Besides that,
    excellent website!

    My site: what do you feel when you are pregnant

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the right blog for anyone who wants to find out about this topic. You realize so much its almost hard to argue with you (not that I actually would want…HaHa). You definitely put a new spin on a topic thats been written about for years. Great stuff, just great!

    Website
    Information

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! So feel free to comment away I'll try to answer every post so check back! . Also feel free to leave a link to your blog and I will absolutely follow you back :) Happy Reading!
*Note: This is an award free blog, thanks for thinking of me but I simply don't have the time to pass it along!