Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Now on Instagram!

Instagram

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday #9

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

This week's Top Ten List is:
Top Ten Favorite Quotes From Books
 
I personally love quotes I have hundreds hand written in notebooks. These are just a few of the ones I love:
 


1.
Outlander (Outlander, #1)
“Ye are Blood of my Blood, and Bone of my Bone,
I give ye my Body, that we Two might be One.
I give ye my Spirit, 'til our Life shall be Done.”
Diana Gabaldon, Outlander

2.
Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (Harry Potter, # 1)
“It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.”
J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone

3.
Green Darkness
“Truth is naturally universal...and shines into many different windows, though many are clouded.”
Anya Seton, Green Darkness

4.
Long Walk to Freedom
“I have walked that long road to freedom. I have tried not to falter; I have made missteps along the way. But I have discovered the secret that after climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. I have taken a moment here to rest, to steal a view of the glorious vista that surrounds me, to look back on the distance I have come. But I can only rest for a moment, for with freedom come responsibilities, and I dare not linger, for my long walk is not ended.”
Nelson Mandela

5.
Journey to the Centre of the Earth

“While there is life there is hope. I beg to assert...that as long as a man's heart beats, as long as a man's flesh quivers, I do not allow that a being gifted with thought and will can allow himself to despair.”
Jules Verne, Journey to the Centre of the Earth
 
6.
 
The Mysterious Island
“In presence of Nature's grand convulsions man is powerless.”
Jules Verne, The Mysterious Island
 
7.
Outlander (Outlander, #1)
“Boldness in battle is nothing out of the way... but to face down fear in cold blood is rare in any man.”
Diana Gabaldon, Outlander
 
8.
Tarzan of the Apes (Tarzan, #1)
“I love you, and because I love you I believe in you. But if I did not believe, still should I love. Had you come back for me, and had there been no other way, I would have gone into the jungle with you - forever.”
Edgar Rice Burroughs, Tarzan of the Apes
 
9.
The Lost World
“There are times, young fellah, when every one of us must make a stand for human right and justice, or you never feel clean again.”
Arthur Conan Doyle, The Lost World
 
10.
The Fellowship of the Ring
“All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
The crownless again shall be king.”
J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring
 
 

What are YOUR Top Ten book quotes?
 
 
 

17 comments:

  1. I almost put that same Harry Potter Quote, but figured it would be a popular one. Instead I tried to go with books that are less known. Tried is the key word. lol There are just so many good ones to pick from. Here are my My Top Ten

    Amanda @ Sisters Unedited

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Harry Potter quote :) Fantastic list!
    Angela @ AJ Arndt Books

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my word, I thought that nobody would have quotes in common and there you go, WE HAVE A QUOTE IN COMMON! LOL.
    I love that you have a Nelson Mandela quote! And I also have a Tolkien quote.

    I tried something different with my quotes, you're welcome to visit :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh Harry Potter...so many lovely quotes! That one is especially amazing.

    My TTT: http://www.pocketfulofbooks.com/2012/05/top-ten-tuesday-favourite-book-quotes.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed all of these, especially the Outlander ones, I love that book!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the Nelson Mandel quote as well as the LOTR one. Thanks so much for sharing them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the one from Nelson Mandela - I admire him so much!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the Rowling and Tolkein quotes. I just bought the Outlander audio, so now I'm even more excited to listen to it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the Outlander quotes...so beautiful! Great Harry Potter choice as well!

    Jennifer @ Feminist Fairy Tale Reviews
    http://feministfairytalereviews.blogspot.com/2012/05/top-ten-tuesday-23-book-quotes.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, the Nelson Mandela quote is AMAZING.
    Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Harry Potter quote is sooo true :) Thanks so much for sharing and visiting. Following back! :)

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  12. I could go on forever just listing Harry Potter quotes... This is a wonderful list. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amazing top10! :) I see Harry Potter quotes everywhere :P Should really pick this books up already :P

    nea
    My Top10

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the Journey to the Center of the Earth quote! All the rest are great too! Returning the follow :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great quote from Harry Potter! I should probably follow that. xD

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love that quote from Harry Potter! That's one of my favorites from the series :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love that Nelson Mandela quote! And the one from Lord of the Rings, although I still haven't read that.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! So feel free to comment away I'll try to answer every post so check back! . Also feel free to leave a link to your blog and I will absolutely follow you back :) Happy Reading!
*Note: This is an award free blog, thanks for thinking of me but I simply don't have the time to pass it along!