Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Now on Instagram!

Instagram

Saturday, February 16, 2013

Belly Laughs: The Naked Truth About Pregnancy and Childbirth by Jenny McCarthy


Belly Laughs: The Naked Truth About Pregnancy and Childbirth
 
Summary:
 
Oh, the joys of pregnancy! There's the gassiness, constipation, queasiness, and exhaustion, the forgetfulness, crankiness, and the constant worry. Of course, no woman is spared the discomforts and humiliations of pregnancy, but most are too polite to complain or too embarrassed to talk about them. Not Jenny McCarthy! In the New York Times best-selling Belly Laughs, actress and new mother Jenny McCarthy reveals the naked truth about the tremendous joys, the excruciating pains, and the unseemly disfigurement that go along with pregnancy. Never shy, frequently crude, and always laugh-out-loud funny, McCarthy covers it all in the grittiest of girlfriend detail. From morning sickness and hormonal rage, to hemorrhoids, pregnant sex, and the torture and sweet relief that is delivery, Belly Laughs is must-read comic relief for anyone who is pregnant, who has ever been pregnant, is trying to get pregnant, or, indeed, has ever been born!
Summary & Cover taken from Goodreads.com
Length: 165 Pages ( Hardcover)
Available Formats: Print/E-book
Publication Date: December 13th 2005 by Da Capo Press
 
First off, no I'm not expecting! The reason I read the book was because a friend of mine on Goodreads recently read it and gave it a pretty high rating and recommended it to me. I was a little hesitant about giving the book a try but I'm really glad I did!
 
Jenny McCarthy brings wit, raunchy humour and the real truth about pregnancy to the masses. I loved the fact that a celebrity was ready and willing to open up about the naked truth behind her pregnancy.
 
The book was divided up into little chapters where she would talk about one thing that related to her pregnancy at a time with her own raunchy sense of humour that I find so likable. While it was a tiny book at only 165 pages long it packed a punch in the humour factor and I found myself laughing almost the entire time I read the book. The thing I liked most about the book was that Jenny McCarthy was by no means afraid of making fun of herself which is pretty refreshing.
 
Overall, I though Belly Laughs was a barrel of laughs. It will make you laugh hysterically and cringe in fear at the possibility that you may experience the things she did in various degrees of seriousness during your own pregnancies.
 
I would highly recommend this to anyone who is a fan of Jenny McCarthy and her unique sense of humour and if you aren't afraid of a book that uses crude language and want a laugh I say go for it whether your expecting, have kids already or are considering the possibility.
 
Loved It!
★★★★★
To "Like" Jenny on Facebook CLICK HERE
To "Follow" Jenny on Twitter CLICK HERE
To visit Jenny's Website CLICK HERE
To purchase the book via Chapters Indigo CLICK HERE
To purchase the book via Kobo CLICK HERE
To purchase the book via The Book Depository CLICK HERE
To purchase the book via Barnes & Noble CLICK HERE
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! So feel free to comment away I'll try to answer every post so check back! . Also feel free to leave a link to your blog and I will absolutely follow you back :) Happy Reading!
*Note: This is an award free blog, thanks for thinking of me but I simply don't have the time to pass it along!